Terms and Conditions for data and information provided by the CLIPC partners through CLIPC.eu services.
Exclusion of Liability
Changing circumstances may cause the CLIPC partners to have to change the information and contents of CLIPC's pages at any time. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracyaccuracy
The average distance between a set of measurements and the ‘true’ value of the object being measured. For climate prediction this can be defined as the average distance between a set of forecasts and an estimate of the observational reference. of information presented, the CLIPC consortium disclaims all responsibility for and accept no liability for any errors or losses caused by any inaccuracies in such information or the consequences of any person acting or refraining from acting or otherwise relying on such information.
Your use of information provided by the CLIPC consortium through the CLIPC services is at your own riskrisk
often taken to be the product of the probability of an event and the severity of its consequences. In statistical terms, this can be expressed as Risk(Y)=Pr(X) C(Y|X), where Pr is the probability, C is the cost, X is a variable describing the magnitude of the event, and Y is a sector or region. . Please read any warnings given about the limitations of the information.
None of the CLIPC partners gives any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of the information or its suitability for any use. All implied conditions relating to the quality or suitability of the information, and all liabilities arising from the supply of the information (including any liability arising in negligence) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
None of the CLIPC partners gives any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of data or images in the form in which they are cached or downloaded to your computer, as they may be affected by on-line conditions over which CLIPC partners have no control.
Notes on Limitations
- Scientific observations are made according to the prevailing understanding of the subject at the time. The quality of such observations may be affected by subsequent advances in knowledge, improved methods of interpretation, and better access to sampling locations.
- Raw data may have been transcribed from analogue to digital format, or may have been acquired by means of automated measuring techniques. Although such processes are subjected to quality control to ensure reliability where possible, some raw data may have been processed without human intervention and may in consequence contain undetected errors.
- Detail clearly defined and accurately depicted on large-scale maps may be lost when small-scale maps are derived from them.
- Although samples and records are maintained with all reasonable care, there may be some deterioration in the long term.
- The most appropriate techniques for copying original records are used, but there may be some loss of detail and dimensional distortion when such records are copied.
- Data may be compiled from the disparate sources of information at CLIPC partners disposal, including material donated to partners by third parties, and may not have been subject to any verification or other quality control process.
- Data, information and related records which have been donated to CLIPC partners have been produced for a specific purpose, and that may affect the type and completeness of the data recorded and any interpretation. The nature and purpose of data collection, and the age of the resultant material may render it unsuitable for certain applications/uses. You must verify the suitability of the material for your intended usage.
- The data, information and related records supplied by CLIPC partners should not be taken as a substitute for specialist interpretations, professional advice and/or detailed site investigations. You must seek professional advice before making technical interpretations on the basis of the materials provided.
- If a report or other output is produced for you on the basis of data you have provided to CLIPC partners, or your own data input into CLIPC services, please do not rely on it as a source of information about other areas or features.